• Roddy’s Eco-Cover is a community based organization founded in 2011 to champion environmental awareness with forestry as key concern
• The project was established by members of the local community with the aim of empowerment for the less fortunate members in the quest to tackle development challenges at the grassroots.
• Its major focus is on environmental concern to mitigate the effects of climate change and foster inter-cultural education among the local community
• The project is located at Ebuyangu village in Emuhaya constituency in Vihiga country that is situated in Western Kenya
• It is situated 430 Kilometers away from Nairobi city and its located in an area that is famed for cultural diversity due to the high population density
• The volunteers will be hosted in a homestead to experience cultural diversity and learn to live and interact with members of the host community in an atmosphere of cooperation and solidarity
• This project has hosted previously both local and international volunteers and it has great potential for the replication of its activities in equally challenging circumstances in other regions of Kenya
Manual work and Intercultural activities
• Agro forestry that will include tree planting
• Preparation of tree nurseries and weeding
• Land scaping and tending to bamboo trees in the natural habitat
• Clean up activities
• Naming of trees
• Home visits
• Inter-cultural learning coupled with home visits for exposure to development challenges.
• Possibility to visit the historic sites like Hippo point on Lake Victoria in Kisumu City, renowned Kakamega Rain Forest and the Equator point at Maseno University; among other spectacular sites of interest in the region. However, this will be done most probably during the weekends..